15.11.2022 Hybrid: Director Liabilities, balancing business & ESG
November 15 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree - £80.00
ESG (Environmental, Societal and Governance) has become mainstream. Board directors are expected to consider ESG factors in decision-making. But they must also be mindful of the interplay between ESG factors and the discharge of their fiduciary duties.
Balancing business priorities with ESG pressures will be the topic of our November hybrid event, in collaboration with McGill and Partners.
We will be joined by Dr Ros Rivaz, portfolio non-executive director, to share examples and practices.
Session timings (GMT):
- 17:30 – Doors open / networking
- 18:00 – NEDonBoard welcome
- 18:05 – Speaker insights, including from:
- Francis Kean, Partner – McGill & Partners Financial Lines team. Francis focuses on exposure analysis across a broad range of industry sectors, policy coverage and claims handling. He has twenty-five years’ experience as a litigation lawyer, specialising in Professional Indemnity, Financial Institutions, and Directors and Officers liability in the London insurance market. He has edited a book on D&O Liability insurance.
- Noona Barlow, Partner – McGill & Partners Financial Lines team, where she is the Head of Claims. After practising law in Toronto for a number of years, Noona moved to London and has held a number of senior claims roles – most recently as head of UK Claims and Head of International Financial Lines Claims with AIG.
- Invited board member, Dr Ros Rivaz – Ros is Chair of the Board for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority. She is also a Senior Independent at Director at Computacenter PLC, a large Global IT services provider, Victrex PLC, a world leader in high-performance polymers, and at Aperam, a specialist steels producer. She is also Non-Executive Director for the UK Government’s MOD (Defence Equipment and Support) Board. Ros acts as Employee Engagement Director and Remco Chair on a number of these boards.
- 19:00 – Q&A and interactive discussion
- 19:15 – Optional networking
- 20:00 – Event close
This event is specifically for experienced non-executive directors, board members and chairs, as well as those newly transitioning to a NED portfolio career. We look forward to welcoming you to this event.
Please ensure to select the relevant ticket option and complete the registration form.
We aim to host this event in person ( London) and online.
Dial-in details will be distributed the day before the event for those attending online.
If you are attending in person, please arrive prior to 5:50pm, to allow sufficient time to be directed to the event space. Those attending in-person will be required to follow any current health guidance in relation to COVID-19.
The session is sponsored and hosted by McGill & Partners.