- This event has passed.
31.01.2023 NEDonBoard Online: Securing a NED role in 2023
January 31 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
If you are aspiring to the NED role or looking to expand your board portfolio, join us for an informative and interactive session, dedicated to strategically securing NED roles in 2023.
Discussion will focus on:
- A brief overview of the NED role
- Pathways to NEDship
- Tips from recently appointed NEDs
Approach your NED journey with purpose and maximise your potential to become or expand your board portfolio.
As the professional body and institute for board members, NEDonBoard’s insights and those of our board community speak of our extensive experience of the NED role.
- Anthony Blackman – NEDonBoard member Anthony has a background as a healthcare professional but now splits his time between running his own training company and his portfolio of board roles. He recently became an Independent Board Member for IOSH – a professional institution, alongside his existing roles as a NED for the Association of Chairs and the British Contact Lens Association. He is also Vice-Chair (and Chair of the Risk and Governance Committee) for a charity in Kent.
- Lorraine Porter – NEDonBoard member Lorraine has significant experience in the pensions industry, working with both trustees and corporates, and having supported boards/ sub committees to achieve strategic objectives. Lorraine is a member of LCP’s Responsible Investment Panel, helping trustees with sustainability, climate change goals and regulatory requirements. She has been appointed as a Non-Exec Director to Cloud8, a technology platform based organisation providing cost effective flexible benefits for SME businesses.
- Dianne Walker – NEDonBoard member Dianne is an award winning non-executive director with a portfolio of board roles, including Chair; Senior Independent Director; and Non-Executive Director, serving as Chair of committees including Audit and Risk as well as Remuneration; and sitting on ESG and Investment committees.
Is this event for me?:
This event is open to NEDonBoard members (free to attend, registration required) and non-members (an attendance fee applies, registration required).
Please ensure to select the relevant ticket option and complete the registration form.
Dial-in details will be distributed the day before the event.