NEDonBoard Course: How do you become an effective NED on Board? The Non-Executive Role
January 30, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
This specialised course is dedicated to business leaders ontrack to become a non-executive director or committee chairperson, or those newly in a non-exec role. It is designed to also benefit directors and stakeholders needing to strengthen their knowledge in implementing an effective boardroom.
The course will provide you with insight to secure, prepare and meet the challenge of your Board meetings. Split into three sessions, the course will cover the following:
1) How to effectively apply and position for NED roles. Session led byexperienced headhunters.
2) What are your duties and liabilities as a non-executive director and board member? Session led by Mark Cardale, Director of Sanctuary Governance, lawyer and author of Practical Guide to Governance.
3) How do you run a board effectively and in practice? Session led by Sharon Constançon, CEO, Genius Methods, Board evaluations expert.
- Know how to secure the right board position for you
- Ensure you know the key foundations for a non-executive board role
- Understand the duties and liabilities of the director role
- Ultimately, become an effective board member
- Correctly assess your legal, regulatory and behavioural responsibility
- What are your duties and liabilities as a non-executive director?
- How do you demonstrate effective behaviour in the boardroom?
- How do you engage on a board in practice and what challenges you will face?
- What does the Board expect from you?
- How do you add value in the Boardroom?
- How to secure you first role: a practical session on leading NED roles opportunities
- How to present your CV: character and skillset to exhibit with real life and business examples
- Navigate the landscape of Board positions within public sectors appointments, social enterprises, SMEs, charities and FTSE 100 position
Boardroom, St. James’s Place Wealth Management
St James’s Place House
3 Moorgate Place