Any other queries, please contact us at [email protected].
What is NEDonBoard?
NEDonBoard is the Professional Body for non-executive directors and board members in the UK. Please refer to our About page for more information.
Who is NEDonBoard membership for?
NEDonBoard enables diverse and effective boards. We support non-executive directors and board members at each stage of their portfolio career. The majority of our members hold at least one non-executive director role.
Our membership and offering benefit non-executive directors, board members, business leaders and executives operating at or near board level. Details of our membership can be found here.
What is a Professional Body?
A professional body is an organisation seeking to further a particular profession, the interests of individuals engaged in that profession and the public interest.
NEDonBoard is the Professional Body for non-executive directors and board members in the UK. The UK government website lists the organisations that are approved as Professional Bodies. The list can be found here.
What are the benefits of joining a Professional Body?
NEDonBoard is the Professional Body for non-executive directors and board members in the UK. The UK government website lists the organisations that are approved as Professional Bodies. In addition, members of NEDonBoard can reclaim tax paid on their membership subject to their membership be required by their role or helpful for their work. Details can be found on the GOV.UK website. For example, you might get back up to £180 on your Event membership.
Why should I join NEDonBoard?
- Be part of a growing community of non-executive directors and board members.
- Join a member-centric organisation, approved as a Professional Body and dedicated to board professionals. Delivering value-add content, products and services to our members is our priority.
- Hear from the most prominent figures from businesses, consultancies, governments, associations and recruitment agencies. We organise panel and networking events monthly to share with our audience of non-executive directors and board members best practices and get insights from experts on a wide range of topics that are relevant to the boardroom.
- Advance your professional development through our high-quality courses delivered by seasoned and experienced professionals, best practices guides, webinars and our Blog.
- Develop your competencies and skills as a non-executive director and a board member.
- Share your experiences, achievements and challenges in a safe environment.
- Access our jobs board. Our jobs board lists businesses and organisations in search of non-executive directors and is updated throughout the week.
- Be visible to businesses, organisations and head hunters that are in search of non-executive directors. Members utilise our Blog as a platform to advertise their expertise.
- Connect with boardroom experts.
- Develop your network to support your portfolio career. Your next opportunity may well materialise through relationships created at one of our events or courses.
Do I need to become a member to engage with NEDonBoard?
You do not need to be a member to engage with NEDonBoard. We are a member-centric organisation dedicated to the non-executive director and board member community. The benefits of membership are numerous but non-members can engage with us at our events and courses. Put a link to Events or course
Organisations looking for NEDs can upload their non-executive director job roles to the NEDonBoard jobs board for free here.
There are numerous organisations that aim at addressing the needs of non-executive directors. Which organisation should I join?
NEDonBoard is a Professional Body and our mission is to promote effective boards. Our operations and services to our community reflect our mission statement. We place our members at the core of our operations. Our members are experienced professionals with typically at least one non-executive director role and years of experience at board level. We reviewed numerous organisations dedicated to Board development. We have received numerous complains about a Manchester-based organisation. Be mindful of those who are “selling the dream”: securing your first role requires time and energy. Please check in your member area the organisations we curated and recommend..
How long does it take to become a non-executive director?
The short answer is that this varies, from a few months to a few years. Being appointed on a board entails high responsibilities and your success in securing a role will reflect:
- your experience and expertise;
- your personal brand and profile and your ability to clearly communicate of these;
- your connection with professionals operating at board level such as board level search firms, investment funds, chairs and non-executive directors;
- access to current roles;
- your understanding of the non-executive role;
- your knowledge of corporate governance.
I am a member and I would like to update my NEDonBoard member profile
We highly encourage you to maintain your NEDonBoard profile. You can access it in the member area of the website in the Profile section. We strongly recommend that you adapt your brand, profile and CV to the role you are applying for. You can update your NEDonBoard NED profile here.
Please note that if you need support or would like to tailor your CV, NEDonBoard offers a CV review. In addition, our acclaimed “How to Become a Non-Executive Director” course covers how to best reflect and position your skills and experiences on your CV. Please email [email protected] for further details.
I’m new to NEDonBoard and can’t login
It can take 24-48 hours to approve and process membership, after which time you should have access to login to your member’s area.
I’ve lost my password to login
You can most easily reset your password here.
How do I post or share a NED role to the NEDonBoard jobs board?
How do I partner with, or sponsor, a NEDonBoard event?
NEDonBoard works with a group of organisations to shape the non-executive and board landscape and improve how organisations, whether public or private, are run. Our partners access decision-makers at board level and organisations that are looking for non-executive directors. Additional details around the NEDonBoard Partners’ Club can be found here. Alternatively, contact us at [email protected]
How to can I share my experience as a non-executive director and board member with other members of the network?
If you are an experienced non-executive director or chair, NEDonBoard offers you the platform to give back to the board community by engaging in our Board Best Practice initiatives, becoming a NEDonBoard Ambassador or Regional President, sharing your insights at upcoming NEDonBoard courses, events or expert interviews. Please contact us at [email protected]. We will be more than happy to assist you and serve our community of non-executive directors and board members.
How to can I increase my visibility to attract non-executive opportunities?
NEDonBoard provides the platform for you to advance your portfolio career. We can help you increase your visibility, attract new opportunities and get an edge in the process of non-executive appointment through our Member Profile, our Ambassador Programme, our Blog, our Board Best Practice initiatives and our expert interviews. Please contact us at [email protected].