Transport Focus is seeking to appoint two additional members to its Board.
You will be expected to work in partnership with staff and key stakeholders across the country. This is likely to involve some travel. You will help ensure that the voice of the passenger and the road user is not only heard but understood and acted upon by those in positions of influence. This is a role for a proactive person with the capacity to identify the need for, and to promote, transformational change, both within Transport Focus and across the wider stakeholder community.
Your role will be to use your skills and personal experience to make a difference for passengers and road users. Specifically, you will:
· Represent the developing interests of passengers and road users on the Board,
· Help ensure our work represents good value for money
· Contribute fully to a continuing review and development of strategy across the organisation; this may mean an innovative and/or cross-cutting approach to work planning and service delivery
· Lead/participate in work streams as discussed and agreed with the Chair
· Represent the organisation on other bodies
· Chair or speak at public meetings and/or conferences
· Work collectively and collaboratively with other board colleagues, promote good governance and sound decision making across the organisation.
· Expect to be nominated to at least one committee of the board
About Transport Focus
We are the independent transport user watchdog. Our mission is to get the best deal for passengers and road users. With a strong emphasis on evidence-based campaigning and research, we ensure that we know what is happening on the ground. We use our knowledge to influence decisions on behalf of passengers and road users to secure improvements and make a difference.