Contact a Family – Chair of the Board of Trustees
Location: central London
Time commitment: 2 – 2.5 days per month
Salary: unremunerated, but with expenses paid
Harris Hill is delighted to be working with Contact a Family, a wonderful, well-established charity based in central London that provides information, advice and support to the families of disabled children all over the country Founded by parents in the 1970s, Contact a Family is an impactful, effective organisation that has remained focused on its cause and mission, and retained the strong, warm culture it started with.
Contact a Family is well-placed to meet the future, benefiting from healthy reserves as well as the dedication of the passionate, expert staff. It is now seeking a new Chair to help drive the charity forward, providing positive challenge and ensuring it stays ambitious and sustainable.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Demonstrable leadership skills and experience of operating at a senior level within the corporate, government or charity sectors
· An appreciation of the dynamics of executive/non-executive roles,
· The ability to chair meetings effectively and ‘get’ the importance of the Chair/Chief Executive relationship
· An understanding of the voluntary sector
· The ability to be comfortable and credible at public events and major donor fundraising
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role, and details on how to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, please contact Jenny Hills at Harris Hill Executive Search on 0207 820 7321.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Friday 23rd June.