FRANK Water is a Bristol based social enterprise and international development charity with a vision of sustainable access to safe water for all.
Our international mission is to deliver sustainable access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) for the hardest to reach people in India & Nepal, we’re committed to developing emergent, adaptive strategies, models and approaches for maximum impact and longevity, improving health and wellbeing and saving lives.
Our UK mission, delivered through our award winning social enterprise is to raise visibility of, and funds for, our international WASH programmes through ethical, sustainable business practice. Raising funds, challenging behaviours and gaining visibility through retail of water related products and innovative environmental services in the UK.
We change behaviours and advance knowledge through educating and influencing on WASH both in the UK and in India & Nepal.
You will provide leadership and direction to the board of Trustees and enables the Board to fulfil their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of Frank Water.
You will ensure that Frank Water pursues its objects as defined in its governing document, charity law, company law and other relevant legislation/regulations.
You will work in partnership with the CEO to support the employees, helping them achieve the aims of Frank Water; and to optimise the relationship between the Board of Trustees and the staff.
You will facilitate the Board of Trustees in stimulating excellent, well-rounded and carefully considered strategic decision-making.
- The Board meets at least 4 times a year and the Chair is expected to be available in person at each of those meetings.
- It is important that the Chair is able to visit Frank Water’s office and be available to the CEO/senior paid staff members as necessary.
- In addition to Board Meetings, other contact – usually electronic or by telephone – will be necessary with.
Skills & qualities
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship and adhering to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Commitment to the charity’s objects, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to the charity’s objects and aims.
- Good, independent judgement, political impartiality and the ability to think creatively in the context of Frank Water and external environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to respect the confidences of colleagues.
- Balancing tact and diplomacy with willingness to challenge and constructively criticise.
- Prior experience of committee/trustee work.
- Experience of chairing meetings, committee work, some experience of charity finance, charity fundraising.
- Knowledge of the type of work undertaken by Frank Water.
- A wider involvement with the voluntary sector.
- Leadership skills exercised through a period of change.
- Good networker and fundraiser
To register your interest and receive the application pack, please email Katie@frankwater.com by 10am on Monday 11th December.
About FRANK Water
Please visit www.frankwater.com for more information.