A new Chair is required, the incumbent having decided to retire. The appointed chair will commence a 4 year term as soon as possible. The chair has a highly influential role to play inside and outside the sport, representing and advocating the views of the organisation and its members, and has overall responsibility for the strategic direction of Goalball UK.
· To lead the Board in promoting and directing Goalball UK to meet its primary objectives, its governance charter and to ensure the effectiveness of the Board in securing the long-term success of the organisation and the sport of goalball.
· To manage, support and act as a trusted adviser to the Chief Executive Officer and the remaining Board members, liaising closely and holding them to account for the achievement of agreed plans while maintaining a high level of staff morale, commitment and motivation.
· To establish and maintain links with the membership and volunteer sectors of Goalball UK.
· To be an ambassador for the sport of goalball, in the UK and internationally, and to assist the management team in developing and maintaining relationships with key sponsors, donors, other influential stakeholders and funders.
· To lead the Board in its responsibility for governance, financial stability and the most appropriate use of public funds
The ideal candidate will have:
· A proven track record of successful leadership in a complex organisation with multiple stakeholders.
· Preferably have knowledge of, interest in, and commitment to, sport in general but in particular to Paralympic sport and of goalball, its clubs and events or be willing to gain such.
· An understanding of development and high performance sport as well as finance and governance.
· Credibility and gravitas to represent the sport and the organisation at the highest levels of sport in the UK and internationally.
Please visit the ad to download a Candidate Information Pack at TBC
Goalball UK promotes diversity and as a result encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
About Goalball Uk
Goalball UK is the governing body for the sport of goalball in Great Britain. It is a membership organisation responsible for participation and development of goalball in Great Britain and the training and selection of individual athletes and teams representing Great Britain. The company has an annual turnover of £0.4 million and membership of approximately 600.
Goalball is a team sport designed specifically for athletes with a vision impairment. Participants compete in teams of three, and try to throw a ball that has bells embedded in it into the opponents' goal. The ball is thrown by hand and never kicked. Using ear-hand coordination, originating as a rehabilitation exercise, the sport has no able-bodied equivalent.