Farnborough College of Technology is keen to hear from people who would be interested in becoming a Governor and thus contributing to the College and its strategic direction. In particular we are looking for people with audit, financial, risk management, IT or marketing experience working at a senior strategic level within an organisation who can bring that expertise to our Corporation Board and either our Audit or Finance & General Purposes Committees. We wish to increase the diversity of our Corporation Board and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
The Governor’s role is strategic and not operational and therefore applicants are not required to have any specialist knowledge of education. In addition to the desirable experience noted above the essential qualities sought in a Governor are:
- the ability to think and act strategically
- a broad base of knowledge and skills acquired through senior strategic management
- sound judgement in fulfilling the Corporation’s financial and legal responsibilities
- commitment to education and training, and to the success of the College’s students
- the ability to work as a member of a team in the best interests of the College
- dedication to acting openly, honestly and with integrity
- determination to get results.
The Corporation Board normally meets three times a year starting at 8.30am and for approximately 4 hours, and conducts much of its business through various sub-Committees which meet during the day, once a term, for between 1-3 hours. Governors are also invited to attend training and strategy meetings as appropriate.
Boardroom experience with Farnborough College of Technology could give you the opportunity to use your business skills in a different way for public benefit and to contribute to the life of an outstanding and thriving educational institution. Please contact the Clerk to the Corporation, Caroline Gillam at email@example.com for further details and an application form.
About Farnborough College of Technology
Farnborough College of Technology is an outstanding Further and Higher Education College located in North Hampshire in the Borough of Rushmoor. It provides education and training to school leavers, adults and working professionals at the College's two sites based in Farnborough and Aldershot.