Scottish Wrestling Association (SWA) is the National Governing Body for Olympic styles of wrestling in Scotland. Following a successful Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, we are looking to ensure wrestling’s sustainable development and growth in Scotland, through expansion of our Board.
Working alongside SWA Directors, the Finance Director will have an overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of SWA strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes.
- Form strong and credible working relationships with Board Members and Stakeholders.
- Implement appropriate financial monitoring systems across SWA, its programmes and activities.
- Maintain financial records in accordance with the company’s financial policies and procedures
- Prepare financial reports for the Board, present annual accounts and ensure the statutory requirements are met.
- Optimise and maintain a robust and compliant financial policy and systems to support current activities.
- Attend board meetings, AGMs, EGMs and contribute to the overall achievement of SWA objectives. Requirements
- Have a professional qualification in Accounting, Business Management or equivalent.
- Be experienced in Financial Accounting reporting and statutory requirements.
- Have high integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Experienced in Risk Management and Governance would be desirable.
4-8 hours per month. Board meeting are held tri-monthly. Recruitment Process To register your interest in this vacancy, please email SWA Administrator Marcin Zdrojewski, detailing your interest in/reasons for applying for the role along with a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All expressions of interest are requested by 10am on 31st of August.
Website Link: www.wrestling.scot