We are currently specifically looking for a Trustee whom has a financial background and is willing to Chair the Finance & Audit Sub Committee. The trustee must possess skills and experience in the following areas:
· The person should be a qualified accountant or have experience and qualifications at this level.
· Needs to have experience with the practicalities of financial management; including company accounts.
· An experienced manager who is comfortable with chairing meetings and managing conflict from time to time.
· Previous experience in management of risk, including use of corporate risk registers.
· Hands on experience and understanding of business planning and strategy.
· Experience of commercial management.
· Charitable sector experience.
· Experience of attending or chairing an audit committee.
Please see attached document for full information on the role and the Charity.
About Dementia Care
Dementia Care was set up as a registered charity in 1993 to provide services for people with dementia and their Carers. We provide specialist care, support and advice to people with dementia and other neurological disorders, such as acquired brain injury, stroke, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease. We also support a small number of people with functional mental health disorders and learning disabilities where our skills meet individual’s specialist requirements.
We offer 24-hour care in people's homes, respite care, dementia designed specialist day services at our centres in Newcastle upon Tyne and Hexham and our unique independent supported living housing. We also help Carers and family members by sharing our knowledge through offering training and advice on practical care support and when needed, specialised respite care.