As Chair of the Industrial Injuries Advisory Council you will have particular responsibility for:
• providing effective leadership to members of the Council
• ensuring the work of the Council remains relevant and transparent to wider interested parties and stakeholders
• ensuring the Council’s statutory role is fully and effectively discharged.
You will also provide a high level of scientific assurance that Council investigations are informed, constructive and rigorous in the preparation of its recommendations to the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions and to the Department of Communities in Northern Ireland.
The Chair will ensure:
• there is appropriate representation of the Council in all matters relevant to IIDB and the Scheme
• engagement with stakeholders and the public in an open and fair manner
• advice is provided to DWP on the drafting of relevant legislation and guidance.
How to Apply
In order for us to progress your application please submit the following completed documentation:
1. A CV with your education and professional qualifications and full employment history.
2. An accompanying Supporting Letter (maximum 2 pages, font 12) – setting out how you meet each of the essential and desirable criteria set out on page 4. You should provide specific examples that demonstrate how your knowledge and experience matches each of the criteria, and which describe what your role was in achieving a specific result. Please ensure your full name is clearly noted at the top of your letter.
3. Please complete the Public Appointment Monitoring Form. Monitoring information will not be disclosed to anyone involved in assessing your application. This form includes:
• Personal information
• Equal opportunities monitoring declaration;
• Political activity declaration; and
• Conflicts of interest declaration.
4. Closing date for applications is 11pm Sunday 12 November 2017. Late applications will not be accepted. Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to apply by email you may send your application by post to:
Carmela Keogh, ALB Public Appointments Team, Department for Work and Pensions | Private Pensions and Stewardship | 1st Floor, Caxton House | Tothill Street | SW1H 9NA