Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sam on +44 (0)113 2003733 for further details.
We are looking for an outstanding Chair to provide leadership and strategic direction to the Board and to be an influential figure in driving forward the economic success of the area. You will be one of 38 LEP chairs advising the government on what interventions are needed to support growth. You will be the key figurehead that local senior leaders will seek out in shaping the economic growth of the area.
The Chair will play a major role in shaping the future of the area. It is a role of professional challenge and interest, one that will be rewarded through the impact Enterprise M3 has in creating wealth and jobs. They will work with and be supported by a team of passionate and talented pioneers, determined to make the M3 Corridor the place to do business. The Chair will also enjoy building longstanding, collaborative relationships across industry and government.
- Chair and develop the Board to ensure unity of purpose and commitment to the region’s Economic Plan
- Drive forward the area’s Strategic Economic Plan working with key influencers to bring them on side in delivering a common vision
- Engage with businesses across the region to ensure our strategy reflects their needs and expectations
- Promote the interests and ambitions of Enterprise M3 with key influencers in government, business and the community
- Maintain a clear and informed view of the strengths and challenges facing the local and national economy
- Champion the work of Enterprise M3 widely through partners and the media
- Be prepared to think outside the box and galvanise partners to identify new ways of working and pooling resources
There is no fixed time commitment for the role, although we would expect that regular meetings and other more flexible commitments will account for between 1 and 2 days per week.
The work is divided between a representational role both locally and nationally and an internal steering role that keeps Enterprise M3 players “on message”. In keeping with the majority of other LEP’s, the post is not remunerated although we are willing to consider the payment of some expenses. We are looking for someone able to commit to a three year team with an option to extend for a further term.
Would this be of interest to you, or do you know someone who could be? Please contact Sam on +44 (0)113 2003733 for a confidential discussion, or simply email him at email@example.com.
About Enterprise M3 Local Enterprise Partnership
Enterprise M3 is the Local Enterprise Partnership for the 5th largest economy in England. Our area sits on the edge of London and stretches across Surrey and Hampshire down to the coastline of the New Forest. It includes urban areas that support both the London and South East economy; significant growth towns like Basingstoke and Guildford and areas where we believe there is incredible potential to grow such as Staines upon Thames, Aldershot and Andover.