Situated on the beautiful coastline of Ayrshire, Glasgow Prestwick Airport is a 24 hours 7 days a week operational Airport. Owned by the Scottish Government since 2013, the airport is now in a new phase of its history led by a new non-executive board and executive team.
The board now seeks to appoint new non-executive directors who have operated in a non-executive capacity and who have with the following (or combination of) experience:
· Understanding of legal board responsibilities;
· Understanding of financial information and corporate finance issues;
· Demonstrable record of experience in business-related decision making
· Audit and Risk Committee experience gained in a complex environment
· Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the government interface at both a Scottish and UK level
· Background in large-scale infrastructure projects
· Experience of M&A activity
· Inbound investment
Candidates should ideally, but not necessarily, be able to demonstrate an affinity with Scotland or the Ayrshire region.
The appointments could suit both serving executives and portfolio non-executive directors.
· Demonstrable experience in one or more of the skill sets outlined above gained at Board or equivalent level with understanding and application of effective corporate governance.
· The right candidates will make an active contribution and be unafraid to challenge received views in a way which adds to the effectiveness and cohesion of the board.
· They should have the business experience to offer independent judgement on strategic and financial issues.
· Significant experience of working with a wide-range of stakeholders
Remuneration & Time Commitment
There are twelve board meetings a year held at Prestwick. Committee meetings are held on the same days as board meetings. With preparation time for meetings, the time commitment is likely to be about 24-28 days per year. This may vary in line with organisational commitments. Current remuneration is based on £331 per day This appointment is non-pensionable. The term of the successful candidate’s appointment will normally be a term of no less than three years from the date of appointment.
How to Apply
The preferred method of application is online at: www.odgersberndtson.com/62432
The candidate brief will provide further information about the opportunity.
A full CV which demonstrates your ability to meet the criteria contained in the Person Specification and covering letter, highlighting the aspects of the opportunity that particularly, attract you to the position, and the Equal Opportunities Form.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 21st August 2017
About Glasgow Prestwick Airport
Glasgow Prestwick Airport is an international airport serving the West of Scotland, situated 1 nautical mile northeast of the town of Prestwick in South Ayrshire and 32 mi from the city centre of Glasgow.