DHU and 4FED have formed a joint venture to deliver Integrated Primary Care and Community services across West Leicestershire. The joint venture will work with commissioners and partners with the aim of delivering innovative, transformational and integrated healthcare services.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and well respected Director to join DHU and 4FED in the role of Non-Executive Director Independent Chair. The Independent Chair will be responsible for Non-Executive Directors (NED’s) and will work with the Managing Director of the joint venture. The Chair will along with their NED’s, MD, Executive Directors and other Board members inform, deliver and develop the joint ventures strategy in line with commissioning requirements. We are seeking to appoint individuals who share our values and ambitions and are passionate about building on our success.
The Chair is appointed by the joint venture CIC to bring an independent judgment to bear on issues of strategy, performance, key appointments, conduct and accountability to the local West Leicestershire community. As such the Chair will have no voting rights.
The primary responsibilities of the Chair are to:
· Ensure that the joint venture Board support and help form the strategic direction, contributing to development and delivery of the Business Plan.
· Ensure that joint venture adhere to best practice re corporate governance
· Ensuring that the Board and Executive Directors deliver joint venture’s aim of providing high quality customer focused services to commissioners, patients and public.
· Review performance and statistics at joint venture Board Meetings to govern the levels of service delivery.
· Hold NED’s, MD and Executive Directors to account ensuring processes and systems are performance managed so as to meet patient & commissioner requirements.
· To promote and oversee governance overview and monitor the joint venture
· Scrutinize the performance of the MD, NED’s, executive committee and management in meeting agreed goals and objectives and monitor the reporting of performance.
· Provide a creative contribution to the Board by providing objective criticism.
· To remain independent of management of the company and free from any business or other relationships that could materially interfere with independent judgment.
· See job description for more details
The time commitment on average is approximately 1 to 2 days on a monthly basis, for the purpose of attending Meetings and maybe involvement in sub committees or support to Executive Director Colleagues. As with all NED posts, the time commitment will be flexible in terms of it patterning across the year with some months requiring greater input and less depending on the service issues. The NED post will carry a remuneration package of £7,500 depending on experience and time commitment to the role.
Enquires are welcomed with our Chair David Whitney firstname.lastname@example.org or CEO Stephen Bateman email@example.com
Please send your application to Lisa Anderson, Human Resources, DHU Health Care CIC, Mallard House, Stanier Way, Wyvern Business Park, Chaddesden, Derby, DE21 6BF.