We’re looking for a special individual who is passionate about helping grow a thriving commercial business while using technology and open data to improve the lives of people around the world. If that gets you excited, come join our growing team.
This is a unique position as a Non-Executive Director on a small Board of Directors. You will provide independent advice and have the ability to effectively challenge and support Viderum’s ambitions. You will be representing the interests of, and will be accountable to, our major shareholder, Open Knowledge International.
Ideal experience for this position:
- Board level experience within a commercial IT solutions company
- Understanding the growth phases of a start up organisation
- Excellent financial skills
- Knowledge of software products and/ or IT consultancy
- Have an international focus
- Experience of selling to both private and public sectors in Europe (local/national/international)
- Experienced in venture capital or other alternative outside investment routes
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Based in Europe (preferably UK or Germany)
- Affinity/understanding of open source, open data and the open paradigm
- Experience developing successful sales organizations and go-to-market strategy targeting public sector
- Participation in board-level decisions according to responsibility assignment matrix
- Represent OKI’s interests on the board as majority shareholder
- Typical duties of a director of a Delaware corporation
- Roughly 10 hours per month which includes attendance at monthly meetings
- Willing to travel to meetings every other month, most likely in London
- Appointment will be for a one year term, subject to renewal
How to apply:
In the first instance, please submit your resume with a detailed covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject: okib1vid
About Open Knowledge International
Viderum is a commercial subsidiary of Open Knowledge International, an internationally recognized non-profit organisation working to realise open data’s value to society by helping civil society groups access and use data to take action on social problems.
Viderum is an international open data solutions provider with locations in Berlin, London, San Francisco, and Skopje. We provide services and products for governments, institutions, and local authorities to publish open data. Specifically,we build tools, provide technical consulting and advice relating to open data, implement projects and develop communities in the area of open data: data which can be freely shared and used. Our mission is to make the world’s public data discoverable and accessible to everyone. Our solutions are built on top of CKAN, the world’s leading open source data portal platform. We‘ve built the official national data portals for countries including the UK, Brazil, US, Australia and many others.
The last two years have seen a rapid growth in our activities resulting in the expansion of our team from three to more than two dozen people including colleagues from six different nations. And we keep growing.