The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has enjoyed a long and successful track record in delivering patient care of the highest quality. Despite the significant challenges of the current operating environment, we continue to thrive and have great ambition for the future.
There are a number of initiatives taking place across our surrounding health economy and the county of Dorset, including the development of a Sustainability and Transformation Plan in partnership with our local commissioners and organisations across the NHS and local government. This plan could see radical change to the way in which health services are coordinated and delivered to patients.
NHS Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group is also proposing that the Royal Bournemouth Hospital should become the major emergency hospital for the east of the county as part of the Dorset Clinical Services Review, and further opportunities will follow including growth in our already successful specialist services.
This is a hugely challenging time to join the NHS but it is also one in which real innovation and exciting transformation is taking place. We are looking for an exceptional Non-Executive Director to join our board and to be part of the future of one of the NHS’s most ambitious organisations.
As a member of the Board you will:
- Develop the Trust’s future strategic goals, ensuring that the best interests of patients and local communities are always top of the agenda and that they are fully engaged throughout this period of change for the organisation.
- Ensure the highest levels of transparency, probity and accountability in the clinical, corporate and financial affairs of the Trust.
- Act as a credible ambassador for The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, working in partnership with clinicians, managers, governors and external stakeholders.
The Trust is seeking a Non-Executive Director with strong leadership experience and is open to different sector or professional backgrounds. Senior experience gained within operationally complex service organisations would be advantageous. In addition, candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Evidence of successful senior leadership at board level in complex environments going through change, particularly with regards to driving up quality whilst reducing cost.
- Be a passionate and a committed team player, able to bring insight, challenge and support to the Board environment and work effectively with a team of high-calibre executive directors.
- Genuine enthusiasm for improving patient care and for the ethos of public service, combined with commercial acumen and business focus.
To find out more, please see www.odgers.com/60125 for a candidate brief containing application instructions, or contact us quoting the reference CWH/60125.
Closing date for applications is 10am on Wednesday 7th June 2017