Following a restructuring of the Board, we are recruiting a number of Non-executive Directors (NED) for University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust (UHNM). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in Staffordshire and beyond.
UHNM cares for over cares for over 900,000 people each year and is highly regarded for its facilities, teaching and research. The Trust works in partnership with Keele University and has a patient-centred clinical research facility providing state-of-the-art facilities.
About University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust
Candidates will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
We are looking for two candidates with recent, relevant, finance experience gained within a large, complex organisation with a finance qualification. One candidate must have the capacity to Chair the Audit Committee and the other the capacity to chair the Finance & Performance Committee.
We are also looking for candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
· Commercial contracting and Private Finance Initiatives
· Information Management and Technology
· NHS leadership, including system wide working and transformation
· Broad medical or clinical background in particular General Practice or Nursing
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
· work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
· bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
· hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
· shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.