Pension Trustee, Royal Blind Group Pension Scheme, Voluntary Position (15 – 20 hours per year)
The Royal Blind Group Pension Scheme is a final salary scheme providing benefits to over 400 current and former employees of Royal Blind [SC017167]. The scheme was closed to new entrants in 2006 but active members continue to accrue benefits. The scheme is currently in deficit on a technical provisions basis but benefits from a strong employer covenant. Scheme assets exceed £36 m. [Information correct as at 31 July 2017.]
A vacancy has arisen on the Trustee Board for a suitably experienced pensions’ professional to help oversee the management of the scheme. The position is voluntary (although reasonable expenses may be considered). The successful candidate will be expected to serve for an initial term of 3 years, with the potential thereafter for re-appointment for a further 3 year term.
To succeed in this role you will have:
· practical experience of the operation of final salary pension schemes
· experience either as a pension or charity trustee or otherwise working closely with other trustees in a secretarial or advisory capacity
· strong technical, communication and interpersonal skills
· knowledge of investments and funding strategies
· a clear understanding of the regulatory / legislative environment for pensions
· a relevant professional qualification
·To perform the duties as a trustee of the Royal Blind Group Pension Scheme, in line with the trust deed and rules of the Scheme and in accordance with pension legislation.
·To act prudently, responsibly and honestly.
·To act impartially in the best interests of the scheme members and their beneficiaries.
Interested parties should submit a copy of their CV along with a covering statement not exceeding 200 words outlining why they consider themselves to be a suitable candidate for the role. Submissions should be sent to:
50 Gillespie Crescent
Alternatively you may email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for submissions will be Friday 29 September. Thereafter, an interview process will be used to select the successful candidate.