As one of the UK’s leading charities, Marie Curie organises 10-15 exclusive gala events a year raising over £2.5 million for our expert care for people with a terminal illness.
The London events are wide-ranging and include:
· Celebrity-hosted dinner and quiz evening
· Cricket and rugby dinners with sporting legends at Lords and Twickenham
· Polo tournament at the Guards Polo Club
· Carol concert and drinks reception at Southward Cathedral
· Private view and reception of spring art sale at Bonham’s
We rely on a dedicated network of inspirational volunteers to help plan our special events, sell tickets, secure sponsorship and source prizes. We couldn’t run these events without the help of our amazing volunteers.
Working on our events is extremely rewarding and much less time consuming than you might think. We need volunteers to attend quarterly meetings and spend an hour or two a week to ensure the success of our vital fundraising.
· Attend quarterly meeting and work closely with the Special Events Manager to make our fundraising events successful
· Find sponsors, auction prizes, donations and adverts for the souvenir programmes as well as sell tickets for the events
We are looking for volunteers who are willing to act as ambassadors for Marie Curie, use their networks to raise awareness of the charity and the events and have the enthusiasm to engage support from others to buy tickets, donate prizes or sponsor our events. This is a great opportunity to support the work that we do and develop your networks and skills.
About Marie Curie
Marie Curie is committed to being a diverse and inclusive charity. We aim to demonstrate support for all of our staff and volunteers, valuing each individual’s contribution regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, civil partnership status, disability, nationality, race, religion or belief. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to our staff and volunteers and to taking steps to ensure our staff and volunteers are protected from discrimination