Bi Pride UK, a newly-established organisation which will host the UK’s first Bi Pride event, isseeking a volunteer to act as Treasurer. This volunteer will provide sound financial management of Bi Pride UK’s assets, helping to create more visibility and awareness of people across the UK who experience attraction to more than one gender.
The Treasurer will be responsible for implementing Bi Pride UK’s financial systems and controls, keeping the organisation’s financial records, and managing its accounts, including preparing budgets, financial projections, accounts and reports. They will also assist other committee members with budgeting, ensuring value for money and understanding of Bi Pride UK’s financial position, and will oversee all expenditure.
- Creating and implementing financial systems and controls for Bi Pride UK;
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate financial records for Bi Pride UK;
- Generating Bi Pride UK’s financial reports and income and expenditure projections;
- Overseeing all Bi Pride UK expenditure (within agreed financial controls), including all transactions made via its bank accounts;
- Developing the committee’s financial and budgetary literacy and competence;
- Supporting the Development and Partnerships Manager to generate income.
- Interest and passion for tackling discrimination against and improving the visibility of people in the UK who experience attraction to more than one gender;
- An understanding of the needs of bi people and communities in the UK;
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Bi Pride UK;
- Strong time management, organisational and administrative skills;
- An understanding of governance and charity finance topics;
- Confidence to exhibit complete independence in ensuring sound financial management;
- Excellent understanding of financial accounting processes, balance sheets and budgets, ideally with an accounting qualification;
- Meticulous attention to detail when scrutinising accounts;
- Ability to self-motivate when working remotely;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
The Treasurer will need to declare any current conflicts of interest.
Ideal time commitment: approximately 5-10 hours per month; flexible
The position is open to anyone over the age of 18. We particularly welcome applicants from minority groups such as applicants of colour, trans and non-binary applicants and applicants with disabilities.
About Bi Pride UK
Bi Pride UK is a newly-formed organisation working to improve inclusion and visibility across the UK for people who experience attraction to more than one gender. Our vision is one of all people in the UK who experience attraction beyond gender being able to be proud of their identity and celebrate themselves in all spaces.
We are developing an engagement programme to work with Pride organisers and local bi groups across the UK to improve bi inclusion at Pride events, and are organising the UK's first large-scale, high-profile Bi Pride event in March 2019.