Trustee – Business Development / Fundraising Committee Chair
Voluntary role – Unremunerated
We are working in partnership with Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, a national charity which trains dogs to transform the lives of deaf people. Since 1982, the charity has matched thousands of highly trained hearing dogs with their deaf partners. There are now over 900 working hearing dog partnerships across the UK who are supported by the charity. The charity also works in a number of ways to help and support people with varying degrees of hearing loss.
The charity receives no Government funding and so relies entirely on the generosity of supporters to fund their life-changing work. It really is all down to people who donate their time, skills, effort and money to help the charity create even more life-changing partnerships and help grow the charity to support the ever-increasing numbers of people living with hearing loss.
The organisation is now seeking to complement their existing Board with an individual who is a professional in the commercial world and who will also have extensive experience in marketing, business and strategic development. Like all Board appointments, this role is non-executive but knowledge of overall governance, leadership and understanding of best practice is critical. Potential candidates will:
- Bring strategic insight into developing additional income streams as well as possessing creativity and entrepreneurial flair
- Promote and support the work of the executive team in developing new income streams both through commercially based projects and fundraising.
- Assist with formulating strategic aims
- Liaise with the Finance Committee and work jointly with other members and senior staff.
- Have the ability to act as an ambassador for the organisation through development of external relations
- Be prepared to recruit outside non-trustee consultants to support the committee for limited periods in developing specific projects.
- Possess a strong interest in, and commitment to, the vision and values of the organisation, and its future development.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
Trustees are encouraged to play a full part in the vibrant life of the organisation. Those already in this role find it extremely fulfilling and are a vital part of the team structure. Candidates should be able to commit to 4 meetings per annum, as well as chairing the Sub-Committee meetings also for 4 meetings per annum. All meetings except one Board meeting (which is held in the charity’s Yorkshire Centre) are held at The Grange, Saunderton.
To apply for this rewarding voluntary opportunity, please e-mail your CV and supporting Statement to Jenny Warner, Managing Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference JO1525.
Closing date for applications: 24 June 2018
Interview date: mid-late July 2018