- Qualified accountant with current/recent experience in a top finance role within a public-listed company or large organisation.
- Ideally board-level experience, as an executive or non-executive director.
- Experience of having sat on or chaired an audit committee.
- A strong understanding of governance.
- Experience of assessing, considering and supporting innovative approaches to diversifying income streams and fund raising e.g. external partnerships, membership strategies, commercial investment and inventive exhibitions and events.
- An understanding/experience of working in the property world would be extremely useful.
About Somerset House Trust
The Somerset House Trust was established in 1997 by an Act of Parliament to conserve and develop Somerset House and the open spaces around it for the public. Today, it is home to c.100 creative tenants and it seeks to be an inspirational creative community where contemporary culture is imagined, created and experienced. It is one of the most visited cultural centres in London, attracting 3.5 million visitors a year.
At this exciting time in its development, Somerset House Trust is keen to add a new Trustee to its Board who will Chair the Finance & Audit Committee.