Trustee – Finance and Commercial
Portsmouth Cultural Trust
Remuneration: Expenses only
Portsmouth Cultural Trust has been managing the Portsmouth Guildhall since 2011. A magnificent building, since it was opened in 1890, it lays claim to being one of this country’s great municipal buildings, and architecturally Portsmouth’s most significant. Portsmouth Cultural Trust are planning the anticipated £15m refurbishment of Portsmouth Guildhall and the strategic development of its business. This is a major development of one of the leading concert halls and cultural venues in the South of England.
The charity is now seeking a skilled finance professional Trustee who can demonstrate extensive experience in corporate finance within a commercial environment. The Trustee will provide investment advice to the Chair of Trustees, CEO and Director of Finance. Also working with and providing guidance to the leadership team on strategic financial planning.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Main Trust Board, meeting up to six times a year; also the Audit and Finance Committee, meeting four times a year; to review financial performance; with other meetings as required.
The following skills and experience are required for this important role:
- Understanding of best practice in running and managing an organisation
- Experience of financial management at director level
- Experience of working on/ with a Board or management committee
- Knowledge of attracting investment, borrowing and financial modelling
- Experience of assessing financial risk and reward
- Understanding of the responsibilities of a director and trustee
- Experience of formulating strategic aims and direction.
If you believe you have the skills and passion to truly make a difference to this highly significant cultural organisation, then please submit your CV to email@example.com, quoting our reference JO1533 – or telephone 01962 813300 for an informal conversation.
Closing date for applications: 10 July 2018