YHA (Youth Hostel Association of England and Wales) is a charity with a long history and an ambitious goal, to reach over one million young people every year by 2020. Our remarkable network of 150 unique properties spans England and Wales’ most inspirational landscapes and landmarks, offering young people unique opportunities to access, explore, revel and grow in the glorious great outdoors.
But we cannot do this alone. This year we are looking to appoint up to four talented individuals to join the Board of Trustees. As well as steer the delivery of our 2017-2020 Business Plan, new Trustees will contribute to the longer term strategic direction of YHA.
What we need
We seek commercially minded professionals who can add tangible value and have the gravitas to influence and lead senior decision makers across the business through this exciting period of growth.
If you share a passion for continuous improvement and want to have a positive impact on the lives of others, especially young people, then we want to put our Trust in your hands.
If you can demonstrate
- Vision, enthusiasm, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to YHA, fully supporting our vision and focus on young people
- Experience of working at senior or Board level, providing strategic leadership during times of change
And experience and skills in one or more of these areas:
- Strategic financial skills
- Property development /management experience
- Corporate fundraising expertise
- Background in travel, hospitality, hotels and/or leisure
- Current digital media skills
- Previous Board experience
We want you on board.
To find out more about this extraordinary volunteering opportunity, visit http://www.yha.org.uk/about-yha/board-of-trustees
YHA is an equal opportunities employer; YHA welcomes applications from all regardless of ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion/belief or age.
Closing date for all applications is 18th April 2017
About YHA England & Wales
We believe that everyone should have the unique opportunity to discover, explore and experience something new.
That’s why, for over 80 years we’ve helped young people and schools, families and friends, travellers and individuals to explore, learn and relax the length and breadth of England and Wales.