The National Pro Bono Centre
The National Pro Bono Centre opened in 2010 with the aim of facilitating pro bono nationally. Based in the heart of London’s law district, the Centre brought together charities dedicated to the provision across England and Wales of pro bono legal services and access to justice for those without means.
The premises on Chancery Lane now houses nine organisations, and works with a number of other organisations that also benefit from the Centre’s resources and collaborative provisions. The Centre facilitates better communication to the advantage of those seeking access to justice.
The need for the coordinated pro bono help that the Centre enables, and its future potential, could not be greater than at this time.
The Centre now embarks on framing its strategy for its next chapter commencing 2020. It seeks exceptional individuals to join its Board as trustees.
For more information visit www.nationalprobonocentre.org.uk
Requirements of the Role:
- Attendance at quarterly trustees’ meetings in London (travel expenses will be reimbursed).
- Work with the other trustees and the committee of Chief Executives in raising awareness of and support for the Centre.
- Commitment to and enthusiasm about the work of the Centre and the pro bono sector as a whole.
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort with good independent judgement and strategic vision.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
A wide range of skills is sought, with different individuals making different contributions to that range. Expertise or experience in business, property, communications, logistics, philanthropy, and society and social welfare, would further complement the existing experience and expertise the Board has in law and legal services provision.
Applications are welcomed from eligible candidates irrespective of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, creed, religion and political persuasion.
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 5pm on 28th April. If you would like to speak informally about the role, a conversation or a visit to the Centre can be arranged.