The Sports Council Trust Company wishes to appoint two new Trustees with diverse, varied and complementary skills, who will match their business and charitable experience with a passion and commitment to sport.
About Sports Council Trust Company
The Sports Council Trust Company is responsible for the preservation and safeguarding of the physical and mental health of the community through physical recreation, including sports, education and the provision of facilities. The Company is limited by guarantee and is also a registered charity. The parent body for the Company is the English Sports Council (‘Sport England’).
We are keen to appoint individuals who have an understanding and experience of what it takes to drive performance and participation in sport at both grassroots and national level and are looking for candidates who can bring enthusiasm, innovative ideas, and excellent judgement to help deliver our objectives.
The successful candidates will ideally have held a position of responsibility in either the public, voluntary or private sectors and will have ability, at a senior level, in one or more of the following areas:
- Leisure Facilities Management – experience of running specialist leisure and activity centres
- Working in sport and a good understanding of the UK’s sporting landscape, including the barriers preventing people taking up sport
- Financial management / investment management
- Charitable grant giving
- Charity governance expertise and fundraising
- Working with underrepresented groups in sport especially women, disabled people or BAME communities
- Property management and development
In addition to the above skillsets, we will also look to appoint members who demonstrate:
- Knowledge about the particular characteristics of operating in a public company and the skills required to achieve public service values such as transparency, efficiency and effectiveness.
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc.) would be desirable but is not essential
The Sports Council Trust Company actively promotes diversity in employment and sport and welcomes applications from all parts of the community.