The NEDonBoard membership is open to all professionals and organisations aligned with our mission and subject to the membership rules.
- NEDonBoard members must either hold a non-executive director role (including public appointment, trustee, lay member or chair role), be appointed as an executive director, operate as an advisory board member, engage with boards as a consultant, course leader, coach, mentor or evaluator. We also welcome those on track to become non-executive director and board members and committed to hold such a position within the next 3 years.
- NEDonBoard members should:
- Positively reflect on the non-executive director community, embody the best ethics and standards expected of a non-executive director and board member;
- Invest in their professional development to be or become effective as a non-executive director and board member;
- Act as a channel for positive changes (i.e. robust decision-making, diverse and inclusive boardrooms, technology and digital transformation) within businesses, organisation and communities.
NEDonBoard will not accept individual members who are using their membership outside of these parameters.
- NEDonBoard may, at its discretion, change subscription fees in the future.
- Membership is dependent upon payment of fees at a level set by NEDonBoard. Members will be duly informed of any changes to subscription fees and payment methods.
- All members are bound by the terms contained within this rule.
- No award of membership at either Individual or Group level implies any legal responsibility on behalf of NEDonBoard for the practice of that member/organisation toward other NEDonBoard clients or members, or members of the public.
- Where it is considered that membership would be detrimental to its aims and activities, NEDonBoard reserves the right to refuse membership to an applicant.
- Any member of NEDonBoard may resign membership and/or any position held as part of membership, by submitting a written notice to that effect to the NEDonBoard. Members retain responsibility for cancelling subscriptions prior to the membership renewal date and if a member who terminates or intends to terminate does not cancel their membership dues, they will be deemed a member in good standing until the period when these dues are next set to expire.
- NEDonBoard reserves the right to terminate or suspend the membership of any member, if (a) dues are not paid, (b) that member’s conduct is considered detrimental and prejudicial to the delivery of the NEDonBoard mission or the NED and board member profession.