- This event has passed.
14.09.2021 NEDonBoard Online: Climate reporting, TCFD framework
September 14 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
In March 2021, the UK government launched a consultation on mandating climate-related financial disclosures by publicly quoted companies, large private companies and LLPs.
‘These proposals build on the expectation set out in the Government’s 2019 Green Finance Strategy, that all listed companies and large asset owners should disclose in line with the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) recommendations by 2022. The proposals have been developed in co-operation with the HM Treasury led TCFD joint taskforce, which has considered an approach to economy-wide mandatory climate-related financial disclosure, as set out in the 2020 Roadmap and Interim Report. The proposals will contribute towards the UK’s intention to become the first G20 country to make TCFD-aligned disclosures mandatory across the economy as set out by the Chancellor on the 9th of November 2020.’
We therefore welcome the wider NED community to attend this event to better understand the TCFD framework so that you can be prepared to meet the demands of tomorrow’s business and board level expectations.
Guest Speakers include:
- Martin Skancke, Member of the FSB Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD); Chair of the UNPRI; Board Member of Storebrand; Board Member of Norfund; Founder of Skancke Consulting
- Jessica Fries, Executive Chairman of The Prince’s Accounting for Sustainability Project (A4S); Vice Chair of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI); Global Sustainable Finance Advisory Council Member at the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, University of Oxford; Governance and Nominations Committee Member at the International Integrated Reporting Council
- Chairing the discussion is NEDonBoard member Alex Hindson. Alex is a Chief Risk Officer and Non-Executive Director. He is a Non-Executive Director at ORIC International; an Advisory Group Committee Member at the Risk Coalition; a Committee Member of the Institute of Risk Management; Chair of the ESG Working Group at Lloyd’s Market Association; Member of the Climate Risk Committee at the Association of Bermuda Insurers and Reinsurers; Member of the Governance Panel and Nominating Committee at the Institute of Chemical Engineers; and Co-Chair of the Risk Officer Sustainability Forum. In his day job, Alex is Chief Risk and Sustainability Officer at Argo Group.
- 11:00am – Welcome
- 11:05am – Speaker insights
- 12:00pm – Interactive Q&A
- (12:30pm – Optional Networking breakout rooms)
- 1:00pm – Event close
Is this event for me?:
Whilst this event is of particular relevance to NEDs of publicly quoted companies, asset owners, large private companies and LLPs, we welcome NEDs from ALL type of organisation. This event is open to NEDonBoard members (free to attend, registration required) and non-members (an attendance fee applies, registration required). Members are prioritised for this event.
Please ensure to select the relevant ticket option and complete the registration form.Dial-in details will be distributed the day before the event.