- This event has passed.
19 & 20.11.2020 – NEDonBoard Course: The Effective NED and Board Member
November 19, 2020 @ 9:00 am - November 20, 2020 @ 1:45 pm
This online course will take place in 2 parts, with options to attend the course in full, or the 0.5 day of your choice.
- Limited to 10 participants to allow interactive sessions with the course leaders and build connections with other attendees
- Full Course Attendance – Eligible for 7 CPD credits
- In partnership with Independent Audit and Aon
This specialised course is designed for business leaders and senior executives in the process to be appointed as non-executive director, board member or trustee, or those recently appointed to a board role. Directors that have not had the opportunity to complete a formal board training and stakeholders needing to strengthen their knowledge of directors’ responsibilities, business governance, succession planning and risk management would benefit from attending this virtual and interactive course.
The Effective NED & Board Member course will provide you with insights to meet the challenges of your board meetings.
Split into three sessions, the course will cover the following:
0.5 Day 1: 19th November 2020, from 09:00-13:30
- Session 1: Corporate governance in the UK and key principles, duties and liabilities of UK directors, attributes of the effective non-executive director and board member. This first session is led by our partner, Independent Audit.
- Session 2: What should you know when it comes to D&O insurance? This second session is led by our partner, Aon.
0.5 Day 2: 20th November 2020, from 08:45-13:45
- Session 3: Risk Management for board members. This third session is led by a NED, chair, advisory board member and former Chief Risk Officer.
- Session 4: Succession Planning for board members. This fourth session is led by a NED, chair, advisory board member and diversity advocate.
- Session 5: Boardroom dynamics. This fifth and final session is led by an experienced board evaluator, non-executive director, and chair.
Why take the course:
- Be well prepared for NED and board roles in a variety of sectors.
- Be up-to-date with applicable law and regulations.
- Protect your reputation as a NED and board member.
- Create impact in and from the boardroom.
- Build your network of board level peers
- Understand the NED role, its duties and responsibilities.
- Understand the core responsibilities of the board with regards to succession planning and risk management.
- Understand how to protect yourself from claims which may arise from decisions and actions taken within the scope of your board duties.
- Find out how to add value to a board and support the sustainable success of a company.
- Apply knowledge and skills to deal with far-ranging boardroom challenges.
– Proven management experience or senior leadership experience
Session leaders rated as excellent
– “Wonderful insights about board experiences & what to expect of the role. Extremely worthwhile!”, Gabi Cutayar, experienced director in the healthcare industry.
– “A very useful day. Professional and well run”, M. Ward, experienced NED in the environmental sector.
– “The opportunity to understand more about the best way to present your CV, develop more targeted approaches to securing NED roles and once in role the way to be most effective in working within and collectively acting as a Board”, M. Heaton, change leader with a proven track record of delivery in a range of roles across retail distribution, sales, products and marketing, operations, strategy.
– “A much deeper understanding of the NED role, the effective management of Boards, and the NED selection process”, H. Cohen, broad executive career experience covering project management, business management and consultancy.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
– For our professional development course, you can contact [email protected]
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
– Yes, as long as you update the details 48h before the course.
What to register your attendance as a member? Join NEDonBoard today here: https://www.nedonboard.com/become-a-member/