2.11.2021 NEDonBoard Online: Net Zero for NEDs (all types of organisation)
November 2 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pmFree - £40.00
In May 2021, the UK government called on every small business in the UK to take small, practical steps to cut their emissions as part of the UK’s journey to net zero by 2050, in the run up to UN Climate Summit COP26 in Glasgow this November. As well as a drive to cut emissions by large business and sector specific industries, small and micro businesses are encouraged to cut their emissions in half by 2030 and to net zero by 2050 or sooner.
This session coincides with the UK’s hosting of COP26 and provides Board and NED perspectives on some of the challenges and good practices emerging in terms of Net Zero.
Guest speakers include:
- Jacqueline Redmond, Executive Director at The Power Networks Demonstration Centre, Non-Executive Director at the Scottish National Investment Bank, Non-Executive Director at Havfram and Chair of CENSIS
- Lucy Yu, CEO of the Centre for Net Zero and portfolio non-exec
- Philip Sellwood CBE, Founder Trustee at the Ellen MacArthur Foundation and portfolio non-exec
- 11:00am – Welcome
- 11:05am – Speaker insights
- 11:45am – Interactive Q&A
Is this event for me?:
We welcome NEDs of any type and size of organisation.
This event is open to NEDonBoard members (free to attend, registration required) and non-members (an attendance fee applies, registration required). Members are prioritised for this event.
Please ensure to select the relevant ticket option and complete the registration form.
Dial-in details will be distributed the day before the event.