19.03.2020 London: NEDonBoard: The Effective NED and Board Member
March 19 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
This specialised course is dedicated to business leaders ontrack to become a non-executive director or committee chairperson, or those newly in a non-exec role. It is designed to also benefit directors and stakeholders needing to strengthen their knowledge in implementing an effective boardroom.
The course will provide you with insight to secure, prepare and meet the challenge of your Board meetings. Split into three sessions, the course will cover the following:
1) What are your duties and liabilities as a non-executive director and board member?
2) What should you know when it comes to D&O insurance? (Presentation by Aon.)
3) Boardroom considerations, including succession planning and risk. (Session led by a consultant in board evaluation, governance, professional team strategy and leadership. Former Chief Legal Officer/Company Secretary for listed and major private (FTSE 250 equivalent) companies, and until recently a charity trustee.)
4) How do you run a board effectively and in practice? (Session led by Genius Methods, by an experienced board evaluations expert, non-executive director and chair.)
– Ensure you know the key foundations for a non-executive board role
– Understand the duties and liabilities of the director role
– Ultimately, become an effective board member.
– Correctly assess your legal, regulatory and behavioural responsibility
– What are your duties and liabilities as a non-executive director?
– How do you demonstrate effective behaviour in the boardroom?
– How do you engage on a board in practice and what challenges you will face?
– What does the Board expect from you?
– How do you add value in the Boardroom?
– Proven management experience or senior leadership experience
Session leaders rated as excellent
– “Wonderful insights about board experiences & what to expect of the role. Extremely worthwhile!”, Gabi Cutayar, experienced director in the healthcare industry.
– “A very useful day. Professional and well run”, M. Ward, experienced NED in the environmental sector. 2
– “The opportunity to understand more about the best way to present your CV, develop more targeted approaches to securing NED roles and once in role the way to be most effective in working within and collectively acting as a Board”, M. Heaton, change leader with a proven track record of delivery in a range of roles across retail distribution, sales, products and marketing, operations, strategy.
– “A much deeper understanding of the NED role, the effective management of Boards, and the NED selection process”, H. Cohen, broad executive career experience covering project management, business management and consultancy.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
– For our professional development course, you can contact [email protected]
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
– Yes, as long as you update the details 48h before the course.