NEDonBoard Q4 2017 Events
NEDonBoard London Events = Last Tuesday of the Month in London
- Tuesday 26th September: NED Expert Panel - The Effects of Culture and Diversity in the Boardroom (FTSE & Financial Services NED insights) - With an exceptional panel of experienced non-executive directors, the evening promises to be insightful for all non-executive directors and especially those who are at board level of FTSE or Financial Services organisations. Leading the discussion are the Chairman of the Financial Reporting Council, Sir Winfried Bischoff (CEO of Citigroup, November – December 2007, Chairman of Citigroup 2007–2009, Chairman of Lloyds Banking Group, 2009–2014) ; FTSE 250 portfolio non-executive director Annemarie Durbin; and experienced financial services non-executive and the CEO of board evaluations company Genius Methods, Sharon Constancon. Whether you are a non-exec, chairman or board executive, join us for a fantastic dedicated NED panel discussion.
- Tuesday 31st October: NED Networking Evening - Having interviewed over 50 experienced non-executive directors, there is a very common theme for how most come by their first, and indeed current, roles - by having a strong board level network and being known for what skills you bring to the board. Join us for an evening dedicated to connecting with your fellow board members - including non-execs, chairmen, CEOs, those in other exec roles, headhunters and board advisers so that you have the relevant connections for when an appropriate role becomes available. And whether you are currently looking for a role or will be a year or two's time, remember the importance of a strong professional network!
- Tuesday 28th November: NED Expert Panel, Non-Executive Directors, Best Practice Evening - At NEDonBoard, our mission is to champion the non-exec role and improve the standards of non-executive directors in the UK and thereby the boards on which they sit. As an experienced or aspiring non-executive director, it is important to continue to strive for best practice and continue your learning and understanding of the role you are in. An insightful evening for any non-exec keen to keep engaged with current board level thoughts, discussions and best practice.
NEDonBoard Professional Development
- Friday 8th September: Prepare through a 1 day course, 'Board of Tomorrow - How to Become a(n Effective) Non-Executive Director', rated excellent by past attendees. More details: http://nedcourse.nedonboard.com/ (If you'd like to attend and 8th September is already fully booked, you can join us for the next course date on Friday 27th October and Friday 24th November.)
- Friday 13th October: Improve your finance knowledge for the boardroom in a succinct 1 day course, Boardroom Finance, with 3-5 hours pre-course reading to enable the best on the day learning opportunity. This course is specifically dedicated to independent or non-executive directors and those aspiring to the role, who come from non-financial backgrounds, to provide you with the necessary knowledge to effectively engage in finance activities in the boardroom. (Like to attend and can't make it to the 13th October course date? Register for the next course on Friday 1st December.)
- Friday 27th October: For boards considering bringing in the skills and expertise of non-executive directors, Boardroom Empowerment, is an essential 1 day course for boards looking to appoint non-executive directors - you will finish the day better understanding the role of the NED, how they can help your organisation, and how to best engage them in their role. Importantly, you will better understand how to appropriately appoint a NED for the best possible outcome from the very beginning. (If you or your board appreciates the importance of effectively appointing a non-executive director and and can't attend the 13th October course date, register for the next course on Friday 24th November.)
Regional NXD Dedicated Events
- Tuesday 18th July: Non-Executive Director Summer Networking, for aspiring and experienced non-execs to engage with Manchester based organisations and fellow board members. Co-hosted by Portfolio Exec, we hope you can join us for this special networking evening.
- Tuesday 19th September: Dedicated NXD Networking Event for the non-executive community based in Edinburgh, hosted by Regional NEDonBoard President, Gary Weston. Developing your board level network within your local business community is immensely useful to both you and the organisations on whose boards you sit. Join the local community and the NXD Edinburgh Club.
- Wednesday 13th September: Dedicated NXD Networking Event for the non-executive community based in Bath
- Tuesday 10th October: Dedicated NXD Networking Event for the non-executive community based in Birmingham
- Tuesday 12th September: Dedicated NXD Networking Event for the non-executive community based in Cardiff
- Tuesday 24th October: Dedicated NXD Networking Event for the non-executive community based in Oxford
- Tuesday 7th November: Dedicated NXD Networking Event for the non-executive community based in Sheffield
Have any questions? Please email Michael@nedonboard.com or Team@nedonboard.com for further information.
Board experts and practitioners on why you should attend our NED events. Heather White, CEO of Smarter Networking Ltd, shares her thoughts on NEDonBoard Event.
NEDonBoard is positively received by board experts and practitioners who attend our events. Heather White, CEO of Smarter Networking Ltd, shares her thoughts from our October 2016 NED panel event.
Posted by NEDonBoard on Monday, May 29, 2017
NEDonBoard: Interview with Denise Wilson, OBE, Chief Exec of The Davies Review, spoke with NEDonBoard around the progress and future development of women on boards of FTSE companies.
The direction of Women on FTSE Boards: NEDonBoard Interview with Denise Wilson, OBEDenise Wilson, OBE, Chief Exec of The Davies Review, spoke with NEDonBoard around the progress and future development of women on boards of FTSE companies. Insightful for both women board members, as well as boards considering the importance of diversity of thought in the boardroom. This interview took place at NEDonBoard's April 2016 panel event. For the latest NEDonBoard events visit: https://www.nedonboard.com/non-executive-director-event/
Posted by NEDonBoard on Monday, April 24, 2017
NEDonBoard interviewed guest speaker: What makes for an excellent non-executive director and effective board? - From the perspective of a seasoned and experienced Chairman.
What makes for an excellent non-executive director and effective board? - From the perspective of a seasoned and experienced Chairman.NEDonBoard interviewed guest speaker and highly experienced Chairman, Patrick Dunne, whose positions include Chairman of Boardelta, a consultancy focussed on making a difference to boards; Patron of Leap Confronting Conflict; Chair of EY Foundation; Chair of ESSA; Founder of Warwick in Africa; Visiting Professor for Cranfield University and until 2016, Chairman of D30 and Member Advisory Board at The Entrepreneurs Fund.Interview date: February 2016
Posted by NEDonBoard on Monday, May 22, 2017