NEDonBoard Q1 2018 Events
NEDonBoard London Events = Last Tuesday of the Month in London
- Tuesday 20th March - Half Day NED Conference: Board of Tomorrow - Thank you to our guest speakers for an excellent, informative and interesting series of panels, speeches and networking opportunities
- Tuesday 24th April 2018: Board Best Practice, Risk Committee, Financial Services
- Tuesday 22nd May 2018: Insights for the Board
- Tuesday 12th June 2018: Board Best Practice, Digital for the Boardroom
- Tuesday 10th July 2018: Insights for the Board
- Tuesday 25th September 2018: Board Best Practice, Chairs
- Wednesday 17th October 2018: Corporate Governance Reforms Panel - Chairman of FRC, Sir Win Bischoff. Following reforms to the UK Corporate Governance Code, expected in June 2018, and the role of board members to ensure good corporate governance for the sustainability of a organisation, join us for an important evening with the Chairman of the FRC.
NEDonBoard Professional Development Courses
- Tuesday 24th April: Prepare through a 1 day course, 'Board of Tomorrow - How to Become a(n Effective) Non-Executive Director', rated excellent by past attendees. More details: http://nedcourse.nedonboard.com/ (If you'd like to attend and can't make the next course, or it is already fully booked, you can join us at one of the next course dates: Friday 1st June)
- Wednesday 25th April: Improve your finance knowledge for the boardroom in a succinct 1 day course, Boardroom Finance, with 3-5 hours pre-course reading to enable the best on the day learning opportunity. This course is specifically dedicated to independent or non-executive directors and those aspiring to the role, who come from non-financial backgrounds, to provide you with the necessary knowledge to effectively engage in finance activities in the boardroom, and can be conjoined with the How to Become a(n Effective) Non-Executive Director course or attended as a course in it's own right.
- For boards considering bringing in the skills and expertise of non-executive directors, Boardroom Empowerment, is an essential 1 day course for boards looking to appoint non-executive directors - you will finish the day better understanding the role of the NED, how they can help your organisation, and how to best engage them in their role. Importantly, you will better understand how to appropriately appoint a NED for the best possible outcome from the very beginning. For further details email Michael@nedonboard.com
- Tuesday 17th April 2018: The 6 biggest mistakes senior professionals make when applying for NED roles - CV Webinar! A free webinar for our members hosted by our partners at The CV & Interview Advisors. Learn the 6 biggest mistakes senior professionals are making when seeking NED roles and discover some innovative strategies that will help you to: Capture the interest of your target companies and their Boards; Get more interest from NED recruiters and senior decision makers; Get more interviews for better remunerated and higher profile roles; Build a portfolio quicker and more successfully
Regional NXD Dedicated Events
- Thursday 10th May: Dedicated NXD Breakfast Event for the non-executive community-based in Edinburgh, hosted by Regional NEDonBoard President, Gary Weston. Developing your board level knowledge and network within your local business community is immensely useful to both you and the organisations on whose boards you sit. Join the local community and the NXD Edinburgh Club.
- Upcoming in Summer 2018
- Tuesday 19th June: Dedicated NXD Networking Breakfast for the non-executive community based in Manchester
Have any questions? Please email Michael@nedonboard.com or Team@nedonboard.com for further information.
Please note, NEDonBoard events are often filmed and photographed. As such, attendees may appear in future NEDonBoard communications - if you have any concerns with this, please contact a NEDonBoard team member (email@example.com) in advance of attending an event.
Board experts and practitioners on why you should attend our NED events. Heather White, CEO of Smarter Networking Ltd, shares her thoughts on NEDonBoard Event.
NEDonBoard is positively received by board experts and practitioners who attend our events. Heather White, CEO of Smarter Networking Ltd, shares her thoughts from our October 2016 NED panel event.
Posted by NEDonBoard on Monday, May 29, 2017
NEDonBoard: Interview with Denise Wilson, OBE, Chief Exec of The Davies Review, spoke with NEDonBoard around the progress and future development of women on boards of FTSE companies.
The direction of Women on FTSE Boards: NEDonBoard Interview with Denise Wilson, OBEDenise Wilson, OBE, Chief Exec of The Davies Review, spoke with NEDonBoard around the progress and future development of women on boards of FTSE companies. Insightful for both women board members, as well as boards considering the importance of diversity of thought in the boardroom. This interview took place at NEDonBoard's April 2016 panel event. For the latest NEDonBoard events visit: https://www.nedonboard.com/non-executive-director-event/
Posted by NEDonBoard on Monday, April 24, 2017
NEDonBoard interviewed guest speaker: What makes for an excellent non-executive director and effective board? - From the perspective of a seasoned and experienced Chairman.
What makes for an excellent non-executive director and effective board? - From the perspective of a seasoned and experienced Chairman.NEDonBoard interviewed guest speaker and highly experienced Chairman, Patrick Dunne, whose positions include Chairman of Boardelta, a consultancy focussed on making a difference to boards; Patron of Leap Confronting Conflict; Chair of EY Foundation; Chair of ESSA; Founder of Warwick in Africa; Visiting Professor for Cranfield University and until 2016, Chairman of D30 and Member Advisory Board at The Entrepreneurs Fund.Interview date: February 2016
Posted by NEDonBoard on Monday, May 22, 2017