NEDonBoard Q4 2017 Events
NEDonBoard London Events = Last Tuesday of the Month in London
- Tuesday 28th November: NED Expert Panel, Non-Executive Directors, Best Practice, Audit Committee Evening - At NEDonBoard, our mission is to champion the non-exec role and improve the standards of non-executive directors in the UK and thereby the boards on which they sit. As an experienced or aspiring non-executive director, it is important to continue to strive for best practice and continue your learning and understanding of the role you are in. An insightful evening for any non-exec keen to keep engaged with current board level thoughts, discussions and best practice, chaired by the experienced non-executive director and audit partner (Non Executive Director at Travelzoo, NED at Departement of Transport, Partner Deloitte), Mary Reilly,Fellow speakers include Bryan Foss, Paul Boyle and Steve Baldwin.
- Tuesday 30th January: NED Expert Panel, Non-Executive Directors, Best Practice, Succession Planning
- Tuesday 20th March: We are pleased to announce that NEDonBoard will be bringing to the NED community an UK non-executive director, chairman and board member dedicated professional conference on Tuesday 20th March, taking place in Central London. We are engaging with our members and partner organisations to host a number of specialist panel discussions, workshops and thought leadership seminars. As a membership organisation, suggested topics are welcomed from the NED community through the month of October. Please send your suggestions to Team@nedonboard.com through October and early November for these to be reviewed and considered for inclusion.
NEDonBoard Professional Development
- Friday 24th November: Prepare through a 1 day course, 'Board of Tomorrow - How to Become a(n Effective) Non-Executive Director', rated excellent by past attendees. More details: http://nedcourse.nedonboard.com/ (If you'd like to attend and can't make the 24th November or it is already fully booked, you can join us at one of the next course dates: Tuesday 30th January, Tuesday 27th February, Tuesday 20th March, Tuesday 24th April, Friday 1st June)
- Friday 24th November: For boards considering bringing in the skills and expertise of non-executive directors, Boardroom Empowerment, is an essential 1 day course for boards looking to appoint non-executive directors - you will finish the day better understanding the role of the NED, how they can help your organisation, and how to best engage them in their role. Importantly, you will better understand how to appropriately appoint a NED for the best possible outcome from the very beginning. (If you would like to attend but can't make Friday 24th November, email Michael@nedonboard.com for further details.)
- Friday 1st December: Improve your finance knowledge for the boardroom in a succinct 1 day course, Boardroom Finance, with 3-5 hours pre-course reading to enable the best on the day learning opportunity. This course is specifically dedicated to independent or non-executive directors and those aspiring to the role, who come from non-financial backgrounds, to provide you with the necessary knowledge to effectively engage in finance activities in the boardroom, and can be conjoined with the How to Become a(n Effective) Non-Executive Director course or attended as a course in it's own right. If you can't join us on 1st December, 2018 dates are: Wednesday 28th February, Wednesday 21st March, Wednesday 25th April.
Regional NXD Dedicated Events
- Tuesday 5th December: Dedicated NXD Networking Event for the non-executive community based in Manchester
- Tuesday 5th December: Dedicated NXD Networking Event for the non-executive community based in Cardiff
- Tuesday 12th December: Dedicated NXD Networking Event for the non-executive community based in Bath
- Tuesday 16th January 2018: Dedicated NXD Panel Event for the non-executive community-based in Edinburgh, hosted by Regional NEDonBoard President, Gary Weston. Developing your board level knowledge and network within your local business community is immensely useful to both you and the organisations on whose boards you sit. Join the local community and the NXD Edinburgh Club.
Have any questions? Please email Michael@nedonboard.com or Team@nedonboard.com for further information.
Board experts and practitioners on why you should attend our NED events. Heather White, CEO of Smarter Networking Ltd, shares her thoughts on NEDonBoard Event.
NEDonBoard is positively received by board experts and practitioners who attend our events. Heather White, CEO of Smarter Networking Ltd, shares her thoughts from our October 2016 NED panel event.
Posted by NEDonBoard on Monday, May 29, 2017
NEDonBoard: Interview with Denise Wilson, OBE, Chief Exec of The Davies Review, spoke with NEDonBoard around the progress and future development of women on boards of FTSE companies.
The direction of Women on FTSE Boards: NEDonBoard Interview with Denise Wilson, OBEDenise Wilson, OBE, Chief Exec of The Davies Review, spoke with NEDonBoard around the progress and future development of women on boards of FTSE companies. Insightful for both women board members, as well as boards considering the importance of diversity of thought in the boardroom. This interview took place at NEDonBoard's April 2016 panel event. For the latest NEDonBoard events visit: https://www.nedonboard.com/non-executive-director-event/
Posted by NEDonBoard on Monday, April 24, 2017
NEDonBoard interviewed guest speaker: What makes for an excellent non-executive director and effective board? - From the perspective of a seasoned and experienced Chairman.
What makes for an excellent non-executive director and effective board? - From the perspective of a seasoned and experienced Chairman.NEDonBoard interviewed guest speaker and highly experienced Chairman, Patrick Dunne, whose positions include Chairman of Boardelta, a consultancy focussed on making a difference to boards; Patron of Leap Confronting Conflict; Chair of EY Foundation; Chair of ESSA; Founder of Warwick in Africa; Visiting Professor for Cranfield University and until 2016, Chairman of D30 and Member Advisory Board at The Entrepreneurs Fund.Interview date: February 2016
Posted by NEDonBoard on Monday, May 22, 2017