How do I find the right training courses as a non-executive director?
There are a myriad of training courses dedicated to non-executive directors. To select the right course for you, consider:
- learning objectives: What are you trying to achieve?
- delivery: How do you want the learnings to be delivered: self-paced, online interactive, in-person, a combination of delivery types?
- budget: What is your budget?
- qualification: Will you gain a professional qualification?
- accreditation: Is the course accredited? Is it accredited by an independent third-party or is the course self-accredited?
- credibility of the institution delivering the course: Is the institution delivering the course independent and reputable? Is it an institute, a university or a professional body? Is it a commercial business? Does it operate as a not-for-profit or is it a commercial entity?
Once you are clear on your learning objectives and outcomes, your budget and learning styles, perform a thorough due diligence of the market and select the best option for you. If you are unclear, please connect with one of the NEDonBoard consultants: schedule a session. We are looking forward to connecting with you.
NEDonBoard is a professional membership body and offers value-for-money professional qualifications.
Written by Elise Perraud, NEDonBoard COO