The non-executive role on subsidiary boards
How do I find the right training courses as a non-executive director?
There are a myriad of training courses dedicated to non-executive directors. To select the right course for you, consider:
- learning objectives: What are you trying to achieve?
- delivery: How do you want the learnings to be delivered: self-paced, online interactive, in-person, a combination of delivery types?
- budget: What is your budget?
- qualification: Will you gain a professional qualification?
- accreditation: Is the course accredited? Is it accredited by an independent third-party or is the course self-accredited?
- credibility of the institution delivering the course: Is the institution delivering the course independent and reputable? Is it an institute, a university or a professional body? Is it a commercial business? Does it operate as a not-for-profit or is it a commercial entity?
Once you are clear on your learning objectives and outcomes, your budget and learning styles, perform a thorough due diligence of the market and select the best option for you. If you are unclear, please connect with one of the NEDonBoard consultants: schedule a session. We are looking forward to connecting with you.
NEDonBoard is a professional membership body and offers value-for-money professional qualifications.
Written by Elise Perraud, NEDonBoard COO
Please let me have details of courses in 2016 regarding Non Executive Director roles and responsibilities
We will. Kind regards, John
Please let me have details of NED course/programme.
I should be grateful for information on the NEDonBoard
January 2016 dedicated programme for non-executive directors.
Thank you, Christine, for your comment. We will update you in January using the email you used to post this comment.